Monday, November 20, 2023

"Woo you through the ages"

 I await that time, again, to woo you bright and fair

I'll tell you stories of a heart, resplendent in its care

No tragic stories ending on a wasted tract of moors

All doors I open, gallantly, upon uncharted shores

The brand new day we welcome as we crest upon the sun

We leave no footprints in the sand, no appetite undone

The spark between our lips outstrips the lightning in the sky

The crack of thunder goes unheard, as we electrify

I whisper softly in your ear as we walk arm in arm

The whisper ripples through your skin, a soft and subtle charm

 A solemn vow, my Lady first, I hold within my heart

To show to you it all is true, that I am just a part

A temple to the endless love that twines your heart and mine

A simple token of the love the sun cannot outshine

Ahhh, but ages pass and mountains crumble while I woo you still

Eternally our love will last, eternally the thrill

Each life becomes the sparkle and the wooing of the rose

A challenge newly faced each time, a loving that bestows

Life would have no meaning, no existence without you

A paltry, dreary puzzle with no church, an empty pew

Even when the distance ends, no need that I eschew

Even then, with loving full, I endlessly will woo


w


Since all I had to do was think of you

The poems popping out in time so true

Two within the blinking of an eye

I'll send the early one along to try

To bring a smile unto your lovely face

Kaleidoscope of you in every trace


No comments:

Post a Comment