Sunday, March 7, 2004

"Innocence"

 Innocence

In rage I sit brooding

Before life is past

Delusions occluding

The iconoclast

If faith is a must

Set your faith in your kind

Bring bounty of trust

To all of mankind


Rather than bow

To a figment of beast

Release sacred cow

Love mankind, not high priest


The fury I feel

On this miserable day

Our love we still steal

In that witless old way


Release now from ancestors

Hidden in cave

From the blindness that festers

And learn to behave

Loving humanity 

A full tidal wave

Of beauty and sanity

That all of us crave


Read through the dust 

Of my ashes before

I rise in disgust

At this rubbish, once more


I ached for the love

of a woman renowned

But I could not behove

While humanity drowned


So, make of it certain

That, with the next round

At last, we uncurtain;

So love can abound

No comments:

Post a Comment