Sunday, March 26, 2023

"Song of the Empress"

 Song of the Empress*

The Song of the Empress has woven it's weave

And few are the ones who will ever perceive

This story that I am to tell

The song is part woven remembering pain

An ache beyond all of the wind and the rain

So deep are roots of her spell

But right at the heart of all that she sings

Still whispers a joy that within her still rings

Where all of the mysteries dwell

The song is much more than just words and a tune

Each move reminiscent of Sun and the Moon

The voice ringing out like a bell

Calling through all of the depths of the night

Within every effort, so shining and bright

To cleave all the remnants of hell

And there on the altar on which she was bled

Overcoming the fear and the feelings of dread

Enough crimson to fill up a well

And still on she sang and still on she flew

And still on her powers of winsomeness grew

Along with her moves there befell

A weave that's been long in the making

An arras that's truly breathtaking

And scars now so gently are healing

From wounds of the days of the reeling

And whispering wind is revealing

That the Empress's Song is not done


I wish I could think The Song was reply

But all that I get, as hard as I try

Is a jumble feelings, no insight is left

It may be that I am just feeling bereft

If it is a response with a most heartfelt sigh

You know that, by now, I am willing to try

w


Everyone of these songs  I wrote for you can be interpreted, also, as being written to womanhood which, to me, you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment