Tuesday, August 28, 2018

"Stained Glass"

 Stained glass

The joys of life etched into coloured glass

Shatters into pieces as the demons pass

I lovingly, as heart releases

Bend to knees to pick up pieces

From anguish held so long

With caring hands I pick each shard

From barren ground of life so hard

The sharpened edges cut like blades

The pain less dire than bleak charades

I seek my will in song

Each chip reshaped within a dream

Each sliver casts specific theme

Broken pieces held together

By the will and loving tether

So beautiful with crafted care

The coloured light bestows fanfare

No simple craft is this we dare

But, resolute with flame and flair 

The heart's phantasm filled

Stained glass as it is willed


w


This is one of the poems that presents what I have tried to explain.  I use my poetry to get out of the gloom, not to emphasize it.  It took a lifetime but the gloom is beginning to have its way.  I don't even know if it is worth fighting it any longer.  I will say that I will always try but ...


  

No comments:

Post a Comment