Thursday, September 19, 2024

Retribution

At this point, this one is a mess.  I hope to clean it up before it posts.  It's far enough in the future, at this point, that I should be able to do so. 

I mention in the previous post that my rage is beginning to simmer rather than rampage.  There are a few reasons for that.

First and most importantly, it is the reduction in the lingering aspects of the bane on humanity on my mindset and the growing preponderance of knowledge on the subject matter.  

Sure, there is plenty, like this aspect of retribution, that can still be detailed but the overall picture is clear.  We are lacking love and there is only one reason for it.

I have never been about retribution though.  I grew up surrounded by the bizarre ideas of evil and making someone pay for transgression, it would have been easy to fall into the trap of letting it run rampant.

Retribution does nothing to further our humanity.  It feeds the rage and blinds us to the truth, the sentient reality.  The blame game plays a big part in our inability to see deeper.  We look for a scapegoat, just as The Garden Of Eden did (even though today's apologist for christianity are rewriting its intent - the topic of manipulation of reality, I believe I have covered well enough)

This is one of those very confusing issues that I addressed obliquely before.  It is probably littered through my previous books in the attempt to break through the nonsense that we have built around ourselves.  

The one that comes to mind immediately is the simplistic view I took on the ideas of "love all", "love is all you need" and, most telling, "turn the other cheek".  One phrase that I used in the past to counter these insipid notions was that no sentient being would allow someone to bash them over the head and smile while it is being done.

It was a simplistic reaction.  It was the best description I could develop at the time.  While it is true that we change little or nothing by letting someone bash us over the head while we smile, it is also true that there should be no need to do so (see Cheeks).  

You look around at the awful way we treat each other and wonder, "how can it possibly be different?"  That hopeless notion of just letting the awful do their awful things seems the only solution.  Even though the overwhelming reaction is retribution.  Neither moves us forward.  The extent to which I had to become dispassionate about life in order to comprehend all of this makes me physically ill at times.  I would much rather just have a life that makes sense, full of passion and joy.  That was not an option amidst the mad carnival that we have created.

There is only one way to rid ourselves of the impetus to awfulness.  That is what the millions of words I have written (I don't think that is an overstatement) have been all about.  It is about righting our ship in so many ways that it would be like attempting to address each grain of sand on a beach to describe the resolution to each individual mania that we endure (another reference to a new language, phrases, and context).  

That is really the point.  As long as we address each incident as independent of all of the other incidents of awfulness, we lose.  They are all interconnected.  

The awfulness cascades from the simple misunderstanding that there wasn't a damn thing to do about the act of coitus other than continue to rut like animals.  It has sent the ripples far and wide, interacting, twisting, and distorting the concept of sentience so thoroughly that the only answer is to identify the source of our problems:  believing that rutting coitus could ever satisfy a human being.

whichwithy@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment